During this time, NEGR wants all its player members to strictly adhere to the guidelines for social distancing, the CDC's recommendations for COVID-19 protection, and any mandates your home state is issuing. For your safety, and the health and protection of others it is very important that all players take responsibility for their actions.
What does all this mean for players this spring?
- The NCAA has suspended in-person recruiting activity, including all face to face contacts on and off college campuses through April 15th. The NCAA has also recommended college coaches cancel any scheduled official and unofficial visits.
- All National Letter of Intent (NLI) signings are suspended through April 15 for DI and DII sports.
- The Collegiate Commissioner's Association (CCA) will evaluate the basketball signing period on April 15th (currently slated for April 15 to May 20).
- The NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA have cancelled all remaining winter and spring sports seasons.
- The NCAA DI, DII, and DIII spring sport athletes have been granted one more year of eligibility.
- Some Spring Exposure events have been rescheduled or cancelled.
- Many Spring Tournaments have been cancelled.
- Practicing with teams is possibly prohibited or at the very least deemed extremely unsafe in your state.
What can you do today?
- Take care of yourself! Do everytthing you can to stay healthy and fit. Eat regular meals. Keep hydrated. Modify your workouts to at-home or safely outside where allowed. Many trainers have put free workouts online but also consider using this time to work on athleticism and fitness as well as individual basketball skills.
- Keep up with any assigned schoolwork. Nothing assigned? Read a book on an athlete or leadership. Practice for your SAT/ACTs.
- All NEGR members should UPDATE their profiles. Make sure your profile has the most up-to-date information, stats and video for college coaches to see. Consider upgrading you membership to take advantage of generous savings being offered.
- As long as you are following NCAA contact rules, recruits are still allowed to CONNECT with Coaches via email, phone calls, texts.
- Update your social media profiles such as Twitter and Instagram. Make sure your athletic accounts are set on public. Personal accounts can still be set on private. Be sure to be very smart with your social media image.
- Dive into all your VIDEO and update any of your profiles.
MOST OF ALL - STAY SAFE. We will be back in the gyms again!